Are you looking for the opportunity to create true hope and joy in your life? Are you suffering from marriage problems, family difficulties, or mental health challenges such as anxiety or depression? I have helped many couples, families, and individuals and may be able to help you.
As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), and a Master Addictions Counselor, I bring real-life experience and formal training to my counseling to help you get to a better place in your life. You can change, your marriage can get better, and your family life can improve.
I offer special help to individuals struggling with addictions. If a pornography or sex addiction, gaming addiction, or any other process addiction is derailing your life, please reach out for help. Help for drug and alcohol recovery is available as well.
As a Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor currently serving in Journey Church in Pineville, Louisiana, I employ a Christ-centered and theoretically sound approach. Reach out for help today by calling, or just fill out the contact form, click send, and get on your way to effective, Christian counseling.
Making tangible changes to your life
Verified by Psychology Today, we will use solution-focused therapeutic techniques to bring concrete results that make your life better. Reaching out to me is the first step to restoring hope to your life.
Warm and empathetic environment
Being legally blind, I use my unique listening skills to listen to the real you, without being distracted by appearances. You can be assured that I will not judge you or cause you to feel uncomfortable for whatever you bring up in our session.
Those I counsel can relax and feel at ease, allowing for greater focus and attention on the issue at hand. Read more about what clients just like you say about working with me.
My genuine empathy for others and my desire to help them provide an environment that promotes greater openness and trust, something that is essential no matter what counseling services you’re undertaking.
You will benefit from my unique, insightful, caring, witty, and effective approach to helping people deal with life’s challenges.
Our sessions have a casual, relaxed atmosphere where my time is dedicated to listening to you and offering counsel.
With substantial experience working in inpatient substance abuse treatment facilities — both as an addictions counselor and family therapist — I possess both the knowledge and skills to help you through whatever situation you are going through.
I have a Master of Arts in Religious Education with a major in Counseling from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, TX. I have furthered my training and expertise in marriage and family therapy with extended post-graduate studies through The Colorado School for Family Therapy, Aurora, CO.
I hold license #MFT1139 as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with the LPC Board of Examiners, 8631 Summa Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 70809, 225-765-2515.
Currently, I am completing my Ph.D. dissertation in Clinical Christian Counseling.
Education and Training
- M.A. Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary – Religious Education with a major in counseling. NCCA membership for J. D. Murphy, LMFT
- Bachelor of Music from Louisiana College
- Post-graduate training in marriage and family therapy from the Colorado School for Marriage and Family Therapy (40 semester hours)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) with the State of Louisiana.
- Clinical member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Member of the American Association of Christian Counselors.
- Master Addictions Counselor, MAC from the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, CCTP from the International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP).
- Certified Temperament Counselor from the National Christian Counselors Association (NCCA).
- Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor from the National Christian Counselors Association (NCCA).
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (AHA).
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist Candidate through the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals.
Get help today
Please call me today to discuss how I can help you with marriage and family therapy programs and addiction counseling in Alexandria, Louisiana, or just fill out the contact form and click Send.